post 0.8 development

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Thu May 11 10:52:31 BST 2006

John A Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> As an old arch hangover, I still create temporary directories with a
> leading comma (helps me realize I can just delete them at anytime in the
> future).
> So I do have paths with commas in them. Albeit rarely, and nothing truly
> important in them.

I use the comma many times in local patches:

       patches/
                ,etc,laptop-mode,laptop-mode.conf%enable-ac.patch
                ,etc,profile%add-ksh-support.patch

Which are stored in version control. Converting these filename into
patch target is logical transformation of:

        ,etc,laptop-mode,laptop-mode.conf%enable-ac.patch
        =>
        /etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf

I would vote for @, which is already used e.g. in commercial CVS
systems (at least ClearCase), and by SVN.

Jari