bzr missing in 0.7

Joseph Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Mon May 8 12:40:33 BST 2006

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on the "bzr missing" command.
 I'm still using 0.7 at the moment but will upgrade shortly. ;-)

With my code project I have a "main" branch and several experimental
ones.  Recently I tried merging into the main from one of these.  I then
tried using the "bzr missing" command to check the differences between
the branches.

The result was that my experimental branch was found to be "missing" the
commit of the merged-in changes.  I don't think there was any actual
code difference between the two branches after the merge.  Here's an
example of one of the "missing" things:

revno: 15
committer: Joseph Rushton Wakeling <joe at ----------->
branch nick: JOEcode
timestamp: Tue 2006-05-02 19:40:52 +0100
message:
  Merged from neuR0 branch.

  modified:
    main/n0/n0.c
    src/error/joerror.c
    src/graphs/addlink.c
    src/graphs/addlink.h
    src/graphs/randomgraph.c
    src/graphs/randomgraph.h
    src/io/joeio.c
    src/io/joeio.h
    src/neuR0/neuR0+intro.c
    src/neuR0/neuR0+sim.c
    src/neuR0/neuR0.c
  pending merges:
    Joseph Rushton Wa... 2006-05-02 Improved error_output_quit()
function.  mo...
      Joseph Rushton Wa... 2006-05-02 Replaced unsigned char with bool
in neuR...
      Joseph Rushton Wa... 2006-05-02 Modified readLINE to use arbitrary
file ...

What I want to check is (1) did I do anything wrong in merging in the
changes (I just used bzr merge followed by bzr commit) and (2) if not,
can someone give a bit of an explanation of the logic of the "bzr
missing" command.  My understanding was that it's meant to tell you what
patches are missing from one branch or another, but in this case the
merge brought in all the missing patches; but it's as if the merge has
been counted as a Should I have explicitly told bzr merge which patches
to bring in?patch in its own right.