Simplified Tutorial

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun May 7 08:18:52 BST 2006

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 12:19:41PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Erik B?gfors, and lo! it spake thus:

> Most svn users have many branches, are used to branches.

I think that's more a project thing.  I've used branches in CVS a fair
bit too.  But most projects I work on don't have any call for 'em.
It's just a single line, moving forward; even with trivial branching
and brilliant merging, there'd be only very rare cases where I'd want
to branch.

And, in fact, most things I have in CVS (though far from most of my
commits, of course) are just one or two files that I probably don't
make a dozen commits to in their lifetime; just little things I put
there to have somewhere, with a little history.  If I'm evaluating
bzr, I want to know it'll handle the big stuff, but I want to try it
out and learn quick&easy with the little.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net