Public Impressions

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri May 5 15:25:44 BST 2006

John Arbash Meinel пишет:
> 4) Windows support. I know we support windows, but none of the main
> developers stays logged in to a Windows machine, and runs it every day.
> I don't know if we can get someone to do this or not. Depending on what
> happens next in my life, I might end up doing Windows dev, and I could
> provide some of this.
>
> We have a good resource in Alexander, since not only does he run on
> windows, but he also runs in a non-utf8 and non-latin1 encoding.
> Which helps ferret out all of the places we make incorrect assumptions.

Well, at least bzr supports Windows much better than Mercurial. I
honestly did make a try and I was too disappointed with Mercurial.
Better support of Windows have only mature systems like CVS (CVSNT),
Subversion and native Windows VCS.

Pure python implementation of bzr is right thing. It drastically
simplifies cross-platform compatibility.

--
Alexander