[patch] remove default diff prefix; support -p0 and -p1

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu May 4 14:10:54 BST 2006

Martin Pool wrote:
> * change diffs back to not having path prefixes by default
> * you can specify them with 'diff --prefix OLD:NEW'
>   (note that this has changed from 'diff --diff-prefix', which seemed a bit
>    redundant)
> * you can also just say 'diff -p0' (gives the default) or 'diff -p1'
>
> I plan to put this in 0.8

If I read the patch correctly, doesn't this make 'bzr diff' do:

=== renamed file/foo => file/baz
--- old/file/baz
+++ new/file/baz

I'm just wondering why you decided to not be consistent between the
'===' lines, and the ---/+++ lines.

I suppose patch doesn't actually pay attention to those lines. I'm just
wondering about consistency.