New ignore glob matcher for 0.8

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Mon May 1 07:27:21 BST 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 08:10:47 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 14:03 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> > I was wondering if there was any chance to get Jan's new ignore using
> > regex engine into bzr.dev for 0.8. Since Martin is talking about feature
> > freeze, I'm guessing that isn't likely. But it would seem to be a good
> > time to get it in there.
> >
> > Is it too disruptive?
>
> Last I heard it still broke glob matching on old revisions which use the
> sightly incompatible features, which is IMO a blocker for it at all.

It has two parts. The optimization compiling expressions into one and the new
glob->regex translator. It is possible to take the optimization and use
fnmatch for the compilation. In fact the first version I posted did just
that, but there were some fixes to it later (mainly because there were no
tests for the ignore patterns in bzr and I only added them later).

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>