Filesystem paths

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Apr 28 08:19:20 BST 2006

Martin Pool пишет:
> I see svn uses a colon.
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#windows-drive-letter
>
> I really don't see any value in using a | character when generating  new
> urls - there is precedent for both, and the colon will be more
> familiar.  Either can be accepted.

Hmm... I see this (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch02s03.html):

"Also, users of the file: scheme on Windows platforms will need to use
an unofficially “standard” syntax for accessing repositories that are on
the same machine, but on a different drive than the client's current
working drive. Either of the two following URL path syntaxes will work
where X is the drive on which the repository resides:

C:\> svn checkout file:///X:/path/to/repos
…
C:\> svn checkout "file:///X|/path/to/repos"
…

In the second syntax, you need to quote the URL so that the vertical bar
character is not interpreted as a pipe.

Note that a URL uses ordinary slashes even though the native (non-URL)
form of a path on Windows uses backslashes."

Look at one from bottom paragraph and note about pipe.

--
Alexander