[patch] #40508 - keep ssh subprocess in same process group

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Wed Apr 26 10:21:32 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 14:59:46 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 14:56 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> > This patch fixes #40508, and has an alternative fix for #5987.  See the
> > diff for details/justification.  I will put this in 0.8 if it's
> > approved.
>
> this seems incomplete :
> we want to free locks on remote servers when we recieve:
> SIGHUP
> SIGINT
>
> A quick look through kill -l doesn't suggest any others - but its
> definately not just INT to ignore.

It should really catch most signals and change them to exceptions so
finaly sections get run. According to signal(7) fatal signals that are
considered 'normal' (result in plain termination) are:

(POSIX1) HUP, INT, PIPE, ALRM, TERM, USR1, USR2, (SuSv2/3) POLL, PROF,
VTALARM, (other) EMT, STKFLT, IO, PWR, LOST, UNUSED.

Some of them really seem bogus to terminate on (like SIGIO or SIGPOLL),
but it is that way in Linux.

And then there are the signals that normally cause core dump:

(POSIX1) QUIT, ILL, ABRT, FPE, SEGV, (SuSv2/3) BUS, SYS, TRAP, XCPU,
XFSZ, (other) IOT.

(I excluded KILL, which can't be trapped)

From these, at least HUP, INT, PIPE, TERM, USR1, USR2, PWR (where
defined) and maybe QUIT are likely to occur occasionally and should be
trapped.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>