[BUG] Knit code assertion error

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Thu Apr 20 03:49:34 BST 2006

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 21:20 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>> Robert Collins wrote:

>>> This is a race condition in the tuned_gzip - a partial read of the last
>>> 8 bytes of a gzip file will trigger it. its fixed in bzr.dev.
>>>

>>> Rob
>> I was very happy to agree with you. Except I'm pretty sure I have the
>> fix, and it is still occurring:
>
> Can you update to 1649 please - there are more knit fixes there in.

Updating now. I'm playing around with a couple of other tests, but
unfortunately "bzr upgrade --format=knit" is pretty slow.

Also, after doing this latest pull, it seems to have redefined ancestry.
Because know the old 1648 is 1673, and the new patch is 1674. (make
knits default format)

>> $ time bzr branch /srv/bzr/public/mirror-repo/mifar/dev/0.7-jam/
>> mifar-knit/dev-0.7-jam Backup Inventory created.
>> Inventory regenerated.
>> bzr: ERROR: exceptions.AssertionError:
>>   at /local/01/system/srv/bzr/public/mirrors/bzr.dev/bzrlib/knit.py line
>> 1270
>>   in _parse_record
>>
>> real    13m13.879s
>
> can I wget a tarball of the branch ?
>
> Rob

A 5.4MB tar.bz2 is available from:
http://src.i-clic.uihc.uiowa.edu/bzr/mifar-dev-0.7-jam-556.tar.bz2

I was able to "bzr upgrade --format=knit" with an older bzr.dev (1608).
Though when I did 'bzr status' with a newer version, it told me I was
missing an inventory.