How do you divide a repository?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Apr 20 03:00:27 BST 2006

On 19 Apr 2006, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> Joseph Wakeling wrote:

> > I'm glad this discussion has come up because the feature is something I
> > would very much like to see implemented fully.  I think I asked briefly
> > about it some weeks back but didn't pursue the issue.  Are there any
> > estimates for when it might be implemented?
> >
> > I wish I could contribute but I'm not a very good programmer (and don't
> > know Python) so my practical help can't be much.  Are there any other
> > suitable contributions that can be made (e.g. putting money towards a
> > bounty for this feature, or just ideas for how this feature should be
> > implemented from a user's perspective)?

One useful thing would be to further develop the specification - even if
you don't have a solution or design in mind describing particular use
cases, etc.

> I'm probably guessing that it is pretty high on the priority list, and
> will show up after 0.8 is released.

For me it is fairly high on the list, but lower than improving network
and storage performance.  I'd like to do something towards it in May or
June.

--
Martin