migrating grom baz

Teemu Ikonen tpikonen at pcu.helsinki.fi
Tue Apr 18 10:40:02 BST 2006

On 4/18/06, Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Teemu Ikonen wrote:
> | bzr: ERROR: <to_dir> is not the location of a previous import.
> |
> | An import plugin which needs a previous import does not sound that
> | useful to me :)
> | What do I do wrong?
>
> You didn't specify enough arguments.  The first time you import a
> branch, you must type "bzr baz-import <to_dir> <from_branch>".

Thanks for the reply, but I did have a valid Arch branch as the second
argument. This command produces the same error whether the "./test"
directory is empty, initialized with "bzr init" or even contains a baz
working tree of the sources:

bzr baz-import ./test tpikonen at pcu.helsinki.fi--matkakamu/imview--head--1.0

Even committing the baz checkout to a new bzr branch does not help, I
then get this error when trying to import:

bzr: ERROR: exceptions.NameError: global name 'output_dir' is not defined
  at /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/bzrlib/plugins/bzrtools/baz_import.py
line 213
  in get_last_revision

Either there's a bug, or the documentation really, really needs to be improved.

Teemu