bzr 0.8 release candidate

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Apr 18 05:32:35 BST 2006

On 14 Apr 2006, Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr> wrote:
> Martin Pool wrote:
>
> >A summary of changes in this release follows:
>
> A question: what's the status of knit?
>
> I don't see it mentionned in the NEWS, but "bzr upgrade --help" tells me
> it is there but experimental and unstable only.
>
> I guess this means we'll have to wait until 0.9 to actually use it?

Knits are usable now.  The format is finalized, and reportedly
considerably faster over slow networks than weaves.  I'll remove that
from the help text.

You can make a new branch in the knit format with

  bzr init --format knit

and upgrade an existing branch by either init and then pulling into a
new branch, or by running 'bzr upgrade --format knit' in place.

--
Martin