[MERGE] pull converges

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Apr 11 03:05:55 BST 2006

This patch alters pull to converge when possible.

Specifically it:
 * deprecates branch.pullable_revisions[obsolete]
 * changes update_revisions to use the left-most available parents
   when applying perfect fit revisions

This will preserve the revision history during --overwrite - so we get
an identical branch - but will not do so when applying perfect fit
revisions. In that case the revision history is regenerated from the
repository using the left most parent.

Its not an option to pull because I think we either want this, or we
dont. If we do - the way to get experience with it is to just use it.

wc -l ../pull-converges.patch
244 ../pull-converges.patch

diffstat ../pull-converges.patch
 b/bzrlib/tests/branch_implementations/test_pull.py   |   38 +++++++
 bzrlib/branch.py                                     |   54 +++++++---
 bzrlib/errors.py                                     |    1
 bzrlib/tests/__init__.py                             |   18 +++
 bzrlib/tests/branch_implementations/__init__.py      |    1
 bzrlib/tests/branch_implementations/test_bound_sftp.py    |    4
 bzrlib/tests/repository_implementations/test_fileid_involved.py | 13 --
 bzrlib/tests/test_revision.py                                   | 3

Rob