integrated issue tracker

Joris Putcuyps joris.putcuyps at skynet.be
Fri Mar 31 20:02:51 BST 2006

Hello everybody

I was wondering if anyone has ever thought of integrating an issue
tracker in a version control system?

I know of trac, but what I am looking for is branching/pulling and you'd
also have the issues belonging to your copy.

I've worked and tried lots of issue tracker and version control systems
and found lots of redundance.
Here are some examples:
- adding versions of a project would just be adding an issue to a branch
- comments in version control system are almost the same as in the issue
tracker
- all the developers have an entry in both the issue tracker and the VCS.

Joris