[BZRTOOLS] checkout/repository stuff

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 17:23:27 BST 2006

> Right, but if you're using a local repository, lightweight checkouts are
> faster and cheaper than bound branches.

Ohh.. I think you are misunderstanding me.

Or maybe not, let me explain again

Normal checkout creates a bound standalone branch.

What I want is normal bound branches, where the branch they bind to,
are in a repository on a sftp server.  However, I want my bound
branches to share a repository locally as well, to save diskspace and
make things faster.

So...

bzr init-repo --trees project # This creates a local repo in "project"
cd project
bzr checkout sftp://host/central-repo/branch  # This creates a local
branch, bound to the sftp branch, but has it's own repository also.

That way, when I get branch2 with
bzr checkout sftp://host/central-repo/branch2

It will share the local repo.  So with this setup, bzr checkout
creates bound branches that are not stand alone.  I haven't tried if
this will work, but I assume so?

Does that make sence?

/Erik