[patch] weave merge conflict scope improvement

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Mar 27 10:58:55 BST 2006

Robert Collins wrote:
> For this one it might be nice to have a result of
>         result = """\
>             start context
> <<<<<<<
>             int a() {}
> =======
>             int b() {}
> =======
>             int c() {}
>             end context
>             """
>
> Which is one of the output mode diff3 can generate.

Surely the middle block should be "a b c" not just b?

I agree it would be helpful.  I will look at making the WeaveMerge
return some kind of MergedText (or "ConflictedText"?) object which can
present conflicts in various ways, rather than collapsing it to text
strings in the merge itself.  That would also clean up the code that
does (if "<<<<<<< " in merge) into (if result.conflicts).

--
Martin