how-to? BZR on windows with Putty SSH

Robey Pointer robey at lag.net
Wed Mar 22 03:00:26 GMT 2006

On 21 Mar 2006, at 17:35, John Whitley wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Jan Hudec wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 05:12:42 -0600, Larry Peacock wrote:
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>
>>> We are using CVS on windows via putty ssh.  The keys have been
>>> set up
>>> and login is automatic using Pageant
>>
>> Do you really need putty? IIRC paramiko -- the pure python ssh/
>> sftp library
>> that bzr uses -- works on Windows.
>>
>> Please, does anyone know whether paramiko is bundled in the windows
>> installer?
>
> Sounds like the real problem for Larry's needs is that paramiko
> needs Pageant (the PuTTY suite's version of ss-agent) support as an
> option in addition to OpenSSH ssh-agent support.

John wrote a python module that he claimed could speak to pageant on
Windows.  I modified paramiko's agent support to integrate John's
work, but I have absolutely no way to test it.  Now's as good a time
as any to ask for volunteers. :)

Any Windows user feel like trying out an experimental paramiko module
that might be able to use the pageant user-agent?  You'll need to be
able to build/install python modules from source, and it looks like
you'll need the "ctypes" and "win32all" packages if those don't
already come with the Windows python installation.  And it probably
won't work right away and may require some tweaking, so it would help
if you're comfortable with some light debugging. ;)

Disclaimers aside, anyone wanna try?

robey