how-to? BZR on windows with Putty SSH

Larry Peacock larry.peacock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 11:12:42 GMT 2006

Hi Folks,

We are using CVS on windows via putty ssh.  The keys have been set up
and login is automatic using Pageant
http://www.tartarus.org/~simon/puttydoc/Chapter9.html

I have set up subversion and mercurial to use plink as the ssh
transport for working with remote repositories
http://www.tartarus.org/~simon/puttydoc/Chapter7.html

In subversion, a shell variable was set

SVN_SSH="x:/path/plink.exe"

And .subversion/config got a line:

[tunnels]
ssh = $SVN_SSH plink.exe

for mercurial, mercurial.ini got

[ui]
ssh = x:/path/plink.exe

This was enough to enable doing

svn checkout svn+ssh://machine/repo .

and

hg clone ssh://machine/repo .

** I have not found documentation explaining how BZR can be configured
to use putty's plink ssh transport on Windows.  A quick look at code
in bzrlib/transport seems to indicate more coding is needed accomplish
what was done with subversion and mercurial? **

I would be willing to get bzr+ssh working on Windows and write up a
recipe if anyone will offer a few tips on on how to approach it and
where to start.

Thanks
Larry