bzr 0.8 release coming up

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Mar 16 20:06:59 GMT 2006

I'm shortly going to make an 0.8pre1 tarball, just to get things moving
along.  There are still a few issues for 0.8 final:

 * Some merges or patches are waiting for review.  (I've been busy with
Canonical meetings this week and Robert has had that and also been sick.)

 * Need command-line options to make knit-format branches for init and
branch.  You can make them now with upgrade, though the help doesn't say
so.  This should be trivial.

 * Need a command-line UI for making repos.

 * Review & merge james's docs.

 * Robert's knit-improvement branch here:
   http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.knit-performance
   I'll probably do this now (and reply)

 * There may be some bugs which are either serious, have outstanding
patches, or are easy to fix and should be in; if anyone would like to
triage them and pick these out either by posting here or merging into an
integration branch that would be great.

 * Fix break-lock to break all components

 * Probably some other issues; I need to scan back and check for other
things but please speak up now if you have an opinion.

--
Martin