Replacing email in bazaar repository + bzrk

Joseph Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Mar 9 17:00:09 GMT 2006

Erik Bågfors wrote:
> Good, then you agree with me. I feel pretty strong about this, but
> some other people disagree with me.

I would be interested in hearing what the counter-arguments are.

As a stop-gap, surely it would be relatively simple to introduce two
things: a requirement that, at the initial commit, the user properly
confirm their details; and a check to make sure the address given is at
least potentially valid (i.e. it ends in .XXX where .XXX is one of the
master domains like .com, .uk, .fr or whatever---or even .xxx itself if
the user works for a porn site:-).

As a second thought, what do you make of my idea about allowing some
sort of ID aliasing?  This could be useful in addition if people change
their contact details but want to have their current valid email address
listed next to all their commits.  Properly set up I doubt it would
interfere with the speed of the code that much, and in any case if the
speed hit was too much, there could always be a --noalias tag (bzr log
--noalias) that would turn off the feature.