Using psyco acceleration

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 5 23:32:29 GMT 2006

John Dong wrote:
> Below is the quick patch I made; if psyco is installed, it'll use it in
> the unobtrusive background profiling mode.

Using it in background profiling mode is rather inefficient, as psyco
has to learn what to pseudo-JIT on every bzr invocation. It would be
better to do some profiling and psyco a few specific code paths that can
benefit from it, and where bzr spends a significant portion of its
running time.

If Rob and Martin support adding some psyco directives to bzr, this
would be a neat and very quick little project for you to pick up.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D