[MERGE REVIEW] All ini files as utf-8

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Mar 4 01:17:17 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 16:51 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This patch updates the config parsing to treat the config data as utf-8.
>  This should fix the problems reported by Erik Bågfors and Carlos
> Perelló Marín.

The patch you attached alters the statcache only, not the config
processing.

On the config side I'm +1 about making them all utf8 safe.

For the stat cache, I'm confused why we would need to quote the data:
the stat cache is an internal file, its not user edited or editable, and
utf8 can represent every file name we can version.

Rob