Problems with push and branch

Joseph Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Mar 2 18:54:30 GMT 2006

Chris Seaton wrote:
> When you push for the first time, every directory apart from the very
> last in the path must already exist. That might be your problem.

It wasn't, but your post did give me a clue that helped me. :-)

You'll notice that I was trying to upload to
sftp://myname@remote.computer.com/home/myname/location/

I switched that reference to sftp://myname@remote.computer.com/location/
and it worked---partially: the revision tree was copied, but I also got,

    bzr: WARNING: Unable to update the working tree of:
sftp://myname@remote.computer.com/location/

So, the .bzr directory is there, but none of the actual code. :-(  I
notice from the bzr help that this is deliberate.  Is there any way to
get round this?  After all, in this particular case it's uploading the
code that is really important.