[MERGE] Bzr diff produces -p1 diffs

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Mar 2 08:13:55 GMT 2006

On  2 Mar 2006, Michael Ellerman <michael at ellerman.id.au> wrote:
> On 3/2/06, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> > The patch looks fine, but -1 (veto) from me on making the -p1 behaviour
> > unconditional, as this does.  I don't have a really strong opinion on
> > which is the default but I think the -p0 behaviour should at least be
> > available.
>
> What about this?
>
> bzr diff --no-prefix

Yes, I think --prefix or --no-prefix is fine.

I see the prefix is now in bzr.dev -- in Aaron's merge yesterday of
mpe's patch.  (I am not at all upset that the change went in, since when
it was discussed it got two +1 votes -- I was offline travelling when it
happened, but might not have responded in time anyhow.)

However, I am a bit unhappy with this change, since it changes the
default behaviour of a fairly fundamental and long-standing command in a
way that is likely to break many programs that build on bzr.  The
previous behaviour (--no-prefix) is the same as svn and cvs, which I
think is a fairly good precedent.

So I'd like to set the default back to no prefix, with --prefix or -p as
options.

--
Martin