central cerver help please...

Oguz Altun oguz at ce.yildiz.edu.tr
Fri Feb 24 13:12:51 GMT 2006

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 16:07 +0200, Oguz Altun wrote:
>
>> I have been using bzr locally for a while now (on winXP, bzr that comes
>> with cygwin). For a project I want to set up a bzr server. And give my
>> friends permissions, etc. Supposedly bzr must be real easy to set up in
>> that way, but I am having all kinds of problems. The server must be my
>> same winxp-cygwin machine.
>>
>> So I set up a simple sftp server (freeftpd), then I downloaded and setup
>> camino and the crypto modules, checked that I can sftp, mkdir, and put
>> to server. But when tried to push my local repository with sftp:
>>
>> $ bzr push sftp://localhost
>> oguz at localhost's password:
>> Hello, I'm freeFTPd 1.0bzr: ERROR: Permission denied:
>> u'.bzr/branch-format': [Errno 13] Permission denied
>> Connection to localhost closed by remote host.
>>

> Can you mkdir '.bzr' using sftp by hand ?
Yep:

$ sftp localhost
Connecting to localhost...
oguz at localhost's password:
Hello, I'm freeFTPd 1.0sftp> pwd
Remote working directory: /
sftp> ls
yazdiklarim
sftp> ls -al
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 23 14:55 .
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 23 14:55 ..
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 23 15:48 yazdiklarim
sftp> cd yazdiklarim
sftp> ls -al
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 23 15:48 .
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 23 15:48 ..
sftp> mkdir .bzr
sftp> ls -al
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 24 15:01 .
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 24 15:01 ..
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 24 15:01 .bzr
sftp> cd .bzr
sftp> ls -al
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 24 15:01 .
drw-rw-rw   1 root       root             0 Feb 24 15:01 ..
sftp>

And the same error above is given when I try again. Even after I chmod
777 all the dirs in ftproot.