[MERGE] 'knit' repository format [to reduce size of versioned-file merge]

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Feb 22 05:39:25 GMT 2006

On 21 Feb 2006, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> Yipes! Now it has even spawned a friend.
> And why is RepositoryFormatKnit creating a WeaveStore. I thought it had
> to create a KnitStore, or something.

Because I think Robert is just trying to lay the groundwork for this new
format -- but it should definitely have a prominent comment explaining
this, or (probably better) have a name that indicates this.  It's easy
to rename it later.

+1 from me - I think John's right that there is some repetition but
perhaps that doesn't have to be done in this merge.

--
Martin