pull-sigs for bzr.dev

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Feb 22 03:44:21 GMT 2006

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 17:00 -0600, John A Meinel wrote:

>>> However the testament has the revid in it.. I am wondering about two
>>> variations here:
>> Yes, but you can't extract it from the short version of the testament.
>> Since the rev-id has been hashed.
>
> Eh?
> ===
> bzr testament
> bazaar-ng testament short form 1
> revision-id: robertc at robertcollins.net-20060221224858-2b61aaa0f1636293
> sha1: 8a840f1ff3e7354151ae2bfcaab3a2755c3657c7
> ===
>
> The short form is that literal text above.

I was thinking the short-short version, which is just the sha1 hash. :)

I realized my mistake, but forgot to correct myself.

> Well, possibly. Some points to note though:
> - pqm supports multiple requests in one submitted script. This lets you
> (for instance) branch a new branch, then merge into it. in one single
> 'command'.
>
> So we still need some delimiter between extended requests, the current
> delimiter is EOL.

> ok, 2 new lines is an ok delimiter. Dunno how hard it will be to hook
> the rio interpreter in. The guts of pqm are still not as well factored
> out as I would like.

You can check with Martin, but I believe rio stanzas are automatically
delimited with 2 new lines.
That is why his serialization code doesn't need to peek ahead like mine
did (for changesets). Because he just goes until he gets an empty line.
And he only created a tag after he got the next tag.

>> rio-request-v1
>> # rio formatted request
>> request: merge
>>

>> star-merge url url
>>
>> rio-request-v1
>> # rio formatted request
>> request: merge
>>

>> etc.
>>
>> Anyway, I think being line-wise makes the parser brittle. Since it means
>> you have to shove everything onto one line. And certainly means you
>> can't copy and paste a request into some mail clients.
>
> Not arguing.
>
> Rob

I might actually give it a peek. Though I really should be doing more
important things. :)