bzr speed

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Feb 17 22:35:48 GMT 2006

James Blackwell wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:02:37AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>> The bulk of the time (I just tested myself) is in copying the individual
>> revision files. The versioned file branch combines them into one knit,
>> along with their signatures in another knit, so this should become
>> extremely fast.
>
> IIRC, you did a twisted branch that pipelined http requests. What sort of
> improvements did you see with that?

On my pipelined support, which redid some of the effbot.org stuff to
keep a queue of things to work on, and required keep-alive support (so
it didn't work with HTTP1.0 servers), I saw at least a 2:1 improvement
in 'bzr get' time.

But that was back before weaves, so I would expect the improvement to be
a little bit less.