bzr-dir phase 2 and checkouts merged [to integration].

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Feb 15 21:57:34 GMT 2006

Robert Collins wrote:
> At the user visible end this adds network 'bzr upgrade' support and 'bzr
> checkout' and 'bzr update' support.
>

> For plugin writers, those authors with plugins that do branch cloning
> and pushing will need to update their plugins - not to keep working
> (that should be a no-brainer api wise), but to individually identify and
> push the separate components - pushing in a checkout should push the
> branch; pushing with a repository should push the repository before the
> branch and lock it.

I just merged your integration changes, and one of the tests is failing.
It is failing in the permissions check. I'm guessing my system revealed
it because I use a umask of 0002 rather than 0022.

Anyway the test in question is doing this (line 204 in test_permissions.py)

        os.mkdir('local')
        t_local = self.make_branch_and_tree('local')
        b_local = t_local.branch
        open('local/a', 'wb').write('foo\n')
        t_local.add('a')
        t_local.commit('foo')

        # Delete them because we are modifying the filesystem underneath
them
        chmod_r('local/.bzr', 0644, 0755)
        check_mode_r(self, 'local/.bzr', 0644, 0755)

        t = WorkingTree.open('local')
        b = t.branch
        self.assertEqualMode(0755, b_local.control_files._dir_mode)
        self.assertEqualMode(0644, b_local.control_files._file_mode)

The first assert is what is failing. Notice that this is getting a
branch named 'b', and then checking the mode of the b_local branch.
Judging by the comments, this is supposed to be:
b_local = t.branch

Because we are wanting to re-open the branch, since we changed things
underneath it (so it didn't see the mode changes).

I'm going to make the change and commit it on my branch, since it looks
more like a typo than anything. But I wanted to bring it up in case I
misunderstood the test.