Oddly broken commit

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Feb 14 15:36:07 GMT 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:21:49AM -0600 I heard the voice of
John A Meinel, and lo! it spake thus:

> There seems to be something weird going on. Can you give us the
> backtrace from ~/.bzr.log?

Ah.  There it is

% bzr ci -m "Foo bar"

  arguments: ['/home/fullermd/src/bzr/bzr.dev/bzr', 'ci', '-m', 'Foo', 'bar']
    [...]
Selecting files for commit with filter [u'bar']
check foo {foo-20060214152745-ab25eecff78f3dc0}
foo not selected for commit

So it's splitting the args on me.  That's odd.  Doesn't seem to be my
shell:

[a quick C program that iterates over argv]
% ./a.out ci -m "Foo bar"
0: ./a.out
1: ci
2: -m
3: Foo bar

There were no differences by diff or stat in my copy of bzr.dev, but I
blew away the working files anyway and bzr revert'd them; same result.
Python 2.4.2, installed from FreeBSD ports with no extra options by
me.  Note that the installed 0.7 works correctly; it's only bzr.dev
that's being weird.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net