Conflict handling

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Feb 13 15:20:31 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:18:27AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Aaron Bentley, and lo! it spake thus:

> We produce these files for you to use.  Most conflicts are easily
> resolved, but some make absolutely no sense when you look at the
> output.  The .BASE, .OTHER, and .THIS files can be used to see which
> changes were introduced by each tree, so you can resolve them
> yourself.

And can I just say, for the record, that having this choice is
*REALLY* nice.  The inline conflicts are _much_ easier to work with
90% or better of the time; and being able to do things the easy way
90% of the time, and having the tools for the harder way the other 10%
where it's needed, is very much the best of both worlds.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net