temporary log file

Wouter van Heyst larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 13 14:35:25 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 03:20:20PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Wouter van Heyst <larstiq at larstiq.dyndns.org> [2006.02.13.1506 +0100]:
> > That is what I usually do with svn, which also creates a temporary
> > logfile which remains when the commit fails, but the name is
> > predictable, something we should have with bzr too, imo.
>
> +1, if my vote counts in any way. And store it in .bzr so as to keep
> the checkout clean.

I'm not so sure about storing it in .bzr on failure, when that happens I
resolve the issue and then want to get my commit log back. The idea till
now has been to not make users edit anything in .bzr. Nor would I look
for it there.

Perhaps this can be approached differently, when a .bzr/commitlog file
is found, start with that instead of an empty message, or prompt the
user what should be done with the file.

Wouter van Heyst