[RFC] cryptographic signatures - compared to monotone?

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Sun Feb 12 14:15:52 GMT 2006

I've noticed that there are are many new exiting fetures proposed and
being discussed. Many new commands and options and the like.

Perhaps the developers are already thinking about this, but I feel
that the design should take into account the cryptographic signatures
along with proposed new functionality.

I don't know monotone, but I believe it's the one that heavily relies
on hashes to identify the changes. Bzr should also have signing and
verifying capabilities for operations like:

    pull
    push

Before accepring changes that can ve verified. Being distributed, it
would otherwise become very difficult to control who can/may so
operations that would modify the repositories/branches.

Jari