PATCH: set User-Agent string in HTTP transport

James Henstridge james.henstridge at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:05:29 GMT 2006

On 07/02/06, James Henstridge <james.henstridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/02/06, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> > On  7 Feb 2006, James Henstridge <james.henstridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, the user-agent change, the added test, and the HttpServer fix
> > > are all on my branch ready to be merged:
> > >
> > >     http://people.ubuntu.com/~jamesh/bzr.smallfixes
> >
> > The change looks good but merging that to bzr.dev causes a failure in
> > bzrlib.tests.test_fetch.TestHttpFetch.test_weaves_are_retrieved_once
>
> Sorry about that.  I've fixed this test and verified that bzr selftest
> passes.  The changes have been pushed now.

I made a few more small modifications to this branch:
 * make the test_http_has() test verify that a HEAD request is issued
 * make HttpTransport.has() issue a HEAD request rather than a GET.

I realise that there are plans to do a wholesale replacement of the
HTTP transport, but the change to use HEAD should help reduce the
bandwidth usage a little til then, and the tests would probably still
be useful with a new HttpTransport implementation.

James.