temporary log file

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Sat Feb 11 18:35:18 GMT 2006

John A Meinel пишет:
> We could create it anywhere, I'm not positive why we are creating it in
> that specific location.

This behaviour was introduced between 0.6 and 0.7 and I personally find
it very useful for some reasons. So I'm vote to leave this behaviour.

Per example, when svn could not commit by some reasons it leaves commit
message in file in current working directory. For later use.

And I would to know why someone have read-only bzr versioned directory
and try to commit? Is it usual situation?

> The specific lines in question are in msgeditor.py line 88 or so:
>     try:
>         tmp_fileno, msgfilename = tempfile.mkstemp(prefix='bzr_log.',
> dir=u'.')
>         msgfile = os.close(tmp_fileno)
>
> Which basically says to create the commit message in the current working
> directory. We could certainly just remove the dir=() portion.
> Can someone comment why it is there?

And don't remember exactly why but I find it useful. Removing this
behaviour probably not good idea. If bzr could not create temporary log
file in current directory then bzr may try to use TEMP directory as
second try.