branch locking mk2.

Robey Pointer robey at lag.net
Sat Feb 11 03:03:19 GMT 2006

On 7 Feb 2006, at 16:11, Robert Collins wrote:

> Martin mentioned doing a new lock type on list a few days back, I have
> chatted with him about that, and his ideas. The follow is a brain dump
> of that for discussion and what we think would be nice for discussion,
> critique etc.

[...]

> Proposed implementation [this is a sketch - details subject to
> refinement (and tweaked from what we discussed as I realised some
> minor
> issues while typing)]:

I'm +1 on this plan.

My minor nit would be that instead of:

> foo/
> foo/pending/
> foo/released/

I'd rather have the pending & released locks just named "pending-
[...]" and "released-[...]" in the same foo/ folder, so that you can
tell with a single 'ls' if there are any dangling lock/unlock attempts.

However, that's just a personal preference so I'm +1 on the concept
regardless.

robey