Tree Transform passing all tests, plus abuse

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Feb 10 22:14:38 GMT 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Tree Transform code is now passing all tests.  That includes the
> previously changeset-oriented test_mege_core tests, which I've now
> ported over to it.

> Tree transform can be found here:
> http://code.aaronbentley.com/bzr/bzr.ttransform/
>
> Please feel free to beat on it.
>
> Aaron

I test merged it into jam-integration, and there were a couple of minor
conflicts, which were easily fixable. And all tests still passed.
A few comments:

In TreeTransform.__init__() you use a plain os.mkdir(), we should
probably trap for some sort of exception, at least so we can raise a
more informative one.

You do the same thing in finalize(), where you don't handle any
exceptions. This may be fine, just wanted to bring it up.

There are some PEP8 issues in transform.py

In test_transform.py you Branch.initialize and then chdir('..'). I think
it would be better if we create a subdirectory branch, rather than
changing directory outside of the Test working directory.

I'm still looking over the code, but I thought I would point out a
couple of things first.