08:16 < abentley> Better phrasing: 'what circumstances should cause us to produce a working tree in a repository branch'?

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 21:55:35 GMT 2006

> Ok, so now we have the beginning of a counter proposal.  That's a lot better
> than just dissing my humble suggestion.  Perhaps we could look at the use cases
> and see how these commands would work in practice (for example standalone vs
> repo branch, etc...)

I tried to think of thing we need/want to be able to do.  Here is a
list of things that I think should be fairly easy UI wise.

* Creating a new standalone branch
* Creating a standalone branch based on another (I mean bzr branch here)
* Creating a repo
* Creating a new branch in a repo
* Listing branches in a repo
* Checkout branch from repo
* Creating a new branch in a repo and checkout it
* Creating a branch based on another branch and store in repo
* Creating a branch based on another branch, store in repo, and checkout
* Creating a standalone bound branch
* Creating a bound branch, stored in repo
* Creating a bound branch, stored in repo, and checkout

Is that a start? How would we go about doing these things.  Is
anything stupid, please tell.
I'm starting to think how I would like each of these...

/Erik