0.8 release plans

Johan Rydberg jrydberg at gnu.org
Wed Feb 8 15:15:49 GMT 2006

Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> writes:

> The major features still to land for this then are
> [...]
>  * VersionedFile

Right now I'm extremely busy with other things, but I'll try my best
to get .versionedfile up to date.  Possible with help from others.  I
think Robert may have to help me out, and explain what he has done
with regard to tests and branch format.

I do not want my work to get lost, for several reasons; first, I think
the abstraction is needed. Second, knits gave a bit for performance
improvement.

> Robert and I will be making a push to get the existing code on this
> updated (if necessary), reviewed and integrated.  (Which is kind of bad
> timing for me because I'm trying to move to Sydney at the same time, but
> we'll manage.)

My contract (sub-rent) is up at the end of this month, and I have yet
to find another apartment. So it is kinda bad timing for me as well.

> What do you think, sirs?

Sounds good.

~j