Quick Hacking with Bzr

Nir Soffer nirs at freeshell.org
Mon Feb 6 15:32:22 GMT 2006

I added <http://bazaar.canonical.com/QuickHackingWithBzr>

The motivation is making it very easy to try bzr. You don't need more
than few minutes to read and try few important commands. After reading
the tutorial, you can start to contribute to a project that uses
Bazaar-NG - you learn all the needed commands to make your own branch,
commit your changes and publish the branch.

Getting more contributors to a project is tough, and using esoteric
source control system is making it harder for potential developers. I
hope this tiny tutorial can save time for busy people that only want to
know "how do I this.".

The tutorial does not cover creating your own branch from scratch,
because this is less common than contributing to an existing project,
and is covered by the full tutorial.

I tried this tutorial myself with a developer that work with me on a
tiny project, I don't have results yet, I hope he will like bzr.

Best Regards,

Nir Soffer