Blackbox tests not being run

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Feb 5 23:29:03 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 09:35 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to Belchenko's report, I've determined that the blackbox tests
> are not being run.  Here is a patch.  It's also in bzr.ab.
>
> I have no clue how to add a test case for this :-)

in test_selftest.py

class insanelyMetaTests(TestCase):

    def module_tests_loaded(self):
        suite = bzrlib.tests.suite()
        modules = set(['blackbox', 'branch_implementations',
'transport_implementations', ...])
        for test in iter_suitetests(suite):
            found = set()
            for name in modules:
                if test.id().contains('.' + name + '.'):
                    found.add(name)
            modules.remove(found)
        self.assertEqualSet(modules, set())

But I think this is unuseful because its not testing module loading code
per se, rather its testing that our user-data has not been meddled with.

Rob