Weave.join(), and pr."ogress indicator fixes

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Sat Feb 4 18:30:32 GMT 2006

James Blackwell wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 10:12:25AM -0800, Robey Pointer wrote:
>> I clock it at 15 seconds on my laptop, with both branches on the
>> local disk (merging bzr.dev.sftp into bzr.jam.weave).  I don't think
>> a progress bar is necessary.  I just wince a little whenever bzr is
>> spending more than 1 second on something but leaves the display blank
>> -- it looks like it might be frozen or broken.  It's just a picky UI
>> thing, I guess.
>
> As it stands today, "bzr branch http://bazaar-ng.org/bzr/bzr.dev" can
> run as long as 5 minutes with no (zero, zilch,nada) output.
>
> As in:
> jblack at pluto:~$ bzr branch http://bazaar-ng.org/bzr/bzr.dev/

This really needs to get fixed. My colleague was really concerned that
it wasn't doing anything, and cancelled and restarted, which caused
problems because there was already a directory there.

This definitely needs a bug report. Can somebody file it? I have limited
network access while we are moving.