Config for branch, not in branch

Denys Duchier duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Thu Feb 2 09:18:32 GMT 2006

Vincent LADEUIL <v.ladeuil at alplog.fr> writes:

> But then, why bzr  allows different emails for different branches ?

bzr allows different "profiles" to be used for different branches.  For example,
if you contribute to two different projects foo and baz, you might have an email
of ladeuil at foo.org for the first one and ladeuil at baz.org for the second one.

> Is email just a strange beast which cannot be versionned but need
> to be attached to a branch anyway ?

Well, it doesn't need to be attached to a branch: it can be set in the [DEFAULT]
section rather than in a branch specific section.

As for versionning: would it break anything to maintain ~/.bazaar under revision
control using bzr?  I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

--Denys