ANN: clean-ignored plugin

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Feb 1 16:23:05 GMT 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>>> Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
>>> What about 'bzr delete' instead. Is that sufficiently different for you?
>
> Personally, I think it's counterintuitive that bzr rm does not delete
> files.  I think we should remove that alias, if it's not going to do that.
>
> Aaron

Well, I thought that 'rm' should delete the files. But we probably want
a command which doesn't. To handle the 'oops I accidentally added a file
I don't want, but I want to keep it around'.

And rm is generally short for remove... So I thought maybe 'delete'
would be better.

To me 'remove' could just mean stop watching this file (remove it from
your list), while 'delete' was more obvious that it was actually
deleting a file.