current key TODO's [my opinion only)

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Feb 1 14:29:56 GMT 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> | * +x bit preservation on windows [will need working tree format bump,
> | thus blocked on bzr-dir branch]
>
> There is already x-bit preservation on Windows.  There's no UI for
> *changing* the x-bit though.
>
> Aaron

Actually, no there isn't. The problem is that the working tree inventory
gets sanitized when it is written out. So we lose the information. (We
preserve whatever is in .bzr/inventory, but that only means we can
manually edit that file to make it work).

When I looked into it, I found that it wasn't easy to fix. The problem
was that the code that knew what was going on during merging (whether
the bit was going to be changed or not) only 'recorded' that information
by modifying the file. Which is where you and I discussed having the
apply_changeset code actually modify a Tree object, rather than doing
the modifications directly to the filesystem only.

Now that you are working on the TreeTransform stuff, I decided to punt
for now, and wait to see where you end up.