[BUG] bzr.1 man page out of date

James Blackwell jblack at merconline.com
Wed Feb 1 03:32:03 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 09:51:12AM -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> >> I would probably rather the code was inside bzrlib rather than being in
> >> tools.
> >
> > I can do that if you like. My thinking was that when somebody has some
> > time we'll also have bash completion, tcsh completion, emacs completion,
> > etc etc. That would get kind of crufty for something that often goes into
> > site-packages.
>
> I can see your point. Enough that I don't know which way is better, and
> since your way is already done. I'll go with it. :)

Thats 1/2 of what convinced me. The other half was that convinced me was
I also couldn't come up with any convincing reasons that we'd want to
change the manpage after installation:

Rob said this in another post:
	I think it should be in bzrlib because:
	tools is not available after installing;
	plugins can add commands;
	-> man page generation should be available after installing.

I did consider whether or not to include plugin help and decided against
it. If the plugin-help subsystem knows how to distinguish between user
installed plugins and systemwide installs then I don't know how to do it.

Another consideration is the impact this could have upon distribution
installed Bazaar-NG. I can imagine quite a bit of confusion as distros
decide whether or not to include the builder, the results if a user runs
the builder by hand and puts a new manpage in /usr/local/man and then
upgrades....

> >> There are some minor PEP8 issues
> >
> > I've fixed the ones that I could catch.
>
> I found some more, but I'll clean them up in the merge.

Ok. I'll look at what you changed. I had completely forgotten about
__init__.py and hadn't bothered too much with the bash one.

--
My home page:   <a href="http://jblack.linuxguru.net">James Blackwell</a>
Gnupg 06357400  F-print AAE4 8C76 58DA 5902 761D  247A 8A55 DA73 0635 7400