Help issues

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Jan 31 13:43:24 GMT 2006

Martin Pool wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2006, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 22:51 +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
>>>  anywhere in bzr help; this is a bug.
>>>
>>> --no-plugins might also be specially mentioned for selftest.
>> I deliberately run the test suite with plugins all the time: It tells me
>> when I accidentally break something being used outside the code base,
>> and it runs the plugins test suites too.
>
> Yes, I know - and that you have the choice to either run them or not can
> be documented.

The problem is that '--no-plugins' really isn't good enough. I've done
some testing, and while it doesn't load the tests for plugins, it still
ends up loading the plugins after a 'run_bzr' command. So you actually
have to use BZR_PLUGIN_PATH='' to truly not load plugins.

(I know, because my short-log plugin overrides log to provide my
preferred behavior, which causes lots of tests to fail.)

So just because the tests aren't showing up, doesn't mean that the
plugins aren't loading.