Bug in reweave

John A Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Jan 27 04:29:24 GMT 2006

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> When I try to pull on a local copy of Robert's integration, I get this:
>
> The problem is reproduceable.  I've put a tarball up at
> http://code.aaronbentley.com/bzr.integration.tar.bz2
>
> $ bzr pull
> Using saved location: http://people.ubuntu.com/~robertc/baz2.0/integration
> bzr: ERROR: exceptions.AssertionError:
> ~  at /home/abentley/bzr.ab/bzrlib/weave.py line 927
> ~  in reweave

Attached is a diff of the specific content which disagrees. (it is in
the inventory)

Now, it turns out that the revision involved disagrees about the
ancestry of that particular revision.

In your bzr.integration, it only has 1 parent, while in Robert's branch,
it has 2 parents.

Now, as it turns out your bzr.integration doesn't seem to contain that
revision file, but Robert's does.
And it is, in fact, an old one. From 2005-07-07:

<revision
committer="Martin Pool &lt;mbp at sourcefrog.net&gt;"
format="5"
inventory_sha1="7a67be3551699790088513992966c4677defffbf"
revision_id="mbp at sourcefrog.net-20050707102028-6c5e6aef73437f38"
timestamp="1120731628.814868927"
timezone="36000">

<message>- merge in separately-developed weave code</message>
<parents>
<revision_ref
revision_id="mbp at sourcefrog.net-20050707101342-aa2ef950004cb467" />
<revision_ref
revision_id="mbp at sourcefrog.net-20050707101437-33cd322eed99d580" />
</parents>
</revision>

I think what happened is that in the upgrade code, in one branch it
actually had the revision, and could attribute the text to the correct
revision, in the other branch, it had to guess, so it guessed *this*
revision. Now they disagree, so now they can't be merged.