Directed graphs and the glossary

Robey Pointer robey at lag.net
Wed Jan 25 18:09:34 GMT 2006

On 24 Jan 2006, at 23:52, James Blackwell wrote:

> A directed graph is a basically a pile of nodes sprinkled on
> plane.  These
> nodes are connected by lines, which are edges. Nodes typically
> represent a
> thing and edges represent a change. At least as I understand things.

Aside from what others have said, I believe what bzr uses is a
"directed acyclical graph" or DAG.  Meaning that in addition to the
above description, there are no cycles:  you can never start at one
node and follow a path back to that node.

That is just me being picky though.

I agree that a node is a revision, at least that's how I always think
of it.  I think Aaron's graphing plugin even made that formal. :)

robey