ANN: edit_message plugin

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Jan 25 14:36:47 GMT 2006

Aaron Bentley пишет:

 > DOING THIS IS A MODEL VIOLATION.  YOU ARE LIKELY TO BREAK BZR.
 >
 > The revision id refers to all the metadata, including the commit
 > message.  If you do this, you MUST change the revision id of the
 > revision you alter, and change the revision ids of all its descendants,
 > AT MINIMUM.

I really want for someone comment my plugin -- thank you.  And I want to
understand your caution.

Right now revision id automaticaly generated by function in
bzrlib.commit module named _gen_revision_id(). This function accept 2
arguments: `config` and `when`. From `config` extracted user email and
when used as timestamp. Plus at the end added 8 random bytes. Probably I
miss something, but I don't see how commit message affects to revision
id. What I do wrong?

--
Alexander